Agenda for the day
To mark national Carers rights Day 2017 Carers' Resource are pleased to welcome all carers to a special event at Bradford City Hall.
- Come along to hear about how services relate to you
- Have your say about the issues you face
- Put questions to and hear from local politicians
- Take a tour of City Hall
All unpaid carers from across Bradford, Airedale, Craven and Harrogate are welcome as are the people you care for, if appropriate.
If you are a carer and register your attendance at least 48 hours you will be entitled to a free buffet lunch. Of course, the centre of Bradford has many other options for food if you just turn up on the day.
Transport may also be available – ask about this when you call/email to register.
Feel free to attend the whole day or just come along to the parts that affect you.
There is no need to book but if you do so you will be entitled to a free buffet lunch.
For further information or to let us know you're coming contact Carers' Resource by email or by phone
- Bradford: 01274 449660
- Harrogate: 01423 500555
- Skipton: 01756 700888
Thank you to Bradford Council for letting us use City Hall for the day - it's an amazing venue. Very worth going on one of the guided tours if you can!
Keep an eye on this website for further updates and more information!
Agenda for the day
This is agenda as it currently stands. Any changes and additions will be posted here.
- Morning session 10am-12:20pm
- 10:00 Registration, refreshments, information stalls
- 10:30 Welcome
- 10:35 Direct Payments – The easy way to arrange care, Sam Dawson, Head of Care@ Carers’ Resource
- 10:50 Day care – Reimagining Days, Julie Barbor, Social Worker, Adult Social Care Access Point, Department of Health and Wellbeing , City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
- 11:05 Continuing Health Care – Understanding the system, Bridget Jones Operational Manager, Personalised Commissioning, NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven, Bradford Districts and Bradford City CCGs
- 11:20 Carers Journey through the Care Act - Cally Ward NDTi (National Development Team for Incluisioon)
- 11:50 Amen (Young Adult Carer) in conversation with Caroline Firth (Communications and Engagement Officer, Carers’ Resource)
- 12:05 Carers’ wellbeing – how can your GP help? - Dr Deborah Penfold
- 12:20-13:00 Lunch and Marketplace
- Afternoon session 13:00-15:00
- 13:05 Being a carer as well as supporting them – a perspective - talk and Q and A by Lyn Sowray carer and Assistant Director Operational Services, Dept of Health and Wellbeing, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
- 13:20 Care Quality Commission - Update from the GP inspection programme and listening to the voice of the carer, Joanne Purdie and Joanne Cansfield, Inspectors CQC Primary Medical Services and Integrated Care
- 13:40 Carers stories video presentation
- 14:00 Carers Question Time with local politicians, chared by broadcaster Peg Alexander
- 14:50 Close